DHS Claims ‘No Decision’ Has Been Made on Importing Illegal Aliens Deeper into U.S.

On Wednesday, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) claimed that it has not yet made a final decision on plans to deliberately import and relocate illegal aliens deeper into the interior of the United States, despite evidence that such efforts are already underway.

As reported by Fox News, the DHS plans to use public transportation to move illegals further into the country while they await their immigration court hearings; plans are already in motion for illegals to be transported to Los Angeles in the coming weeks. Currently, the work of actively moving such illegals throughout the country is being done by non-governmental organizations (NGOs), which give illegals free money to be able to purchase flight tickets and other forms of transportation to go wherever they want.

But the DHS, along with Customs and Border Protection (CBP), is allegedly planning to begin their own relocation work in instances where NGOs are already over-capacity, and will work with local governments to designate certain areas and housing that will be used exclusively by and for illegals.

“No decision has been made,” said a DHS spokesperson. “Should a decision be made, DHS will continue to closely coordinate with and support cities and NGOs to facilitate the movement of any individual encountered at the Southwest border who is placed into removal proceedings pending the next steps in their immigration proceedings.”

Such efforts have already been ongoing in the United States for months. In January, leaked bodycom footage from a local police officer showed chartered flights landing at an airport in Westchester, New York, with dozens of illegals disembarking and getting on buses to be taken elsewhere throughout the state and the country. An unidentified agent overseeing the process told the officer that the ultimate planning of these efforts was “above my f***ing pay grade,” and that maintaining secrecy was necessary because “if this gets out, the government is betraying the American people.”

The immigration crisis has only gotten worse in recent months, spiraling to record high numbers as illegals continue flooding the southern border. There were over 234,000 recorded encounters with illegal aliens in the month of April, by far the highest monthly total in over 100 years. The latest surge was caused by Joe Biden’s pledge to end the Trump-era health policy Title 42, and although a federal judge ruled that Title 42 must remain in effect and be enforced, the administration has taken certain administrative and regulative steps to defy the order anyway.

About Eric Lendrum

Eric Lendrum graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara, where he was the Secretary of the College Republicans and the founding chairman of the school’s Young Americans for Freedom chapter. He has interned for Young America’s Foundation, the Heritage Foundation, and the White House, and has worked for numerous campaigns including the 2018 re-election of Congressman Devin Nunes (CA-22). He is currently a co-host of The Right Take podcast.

Photo: WASHINGTON, DC - SEPTEMBER 24: U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas speaks at a press briefing at the White House on September 24, 2021 in Washington, DC. Mayorkas announced that the influx of Haitian immigrants camped under the bridge in Del Rio, Texas had been cleared. (Photo by Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

Support Free & Independent Journalism Your support helps protect our independence so that American Greatness can keep delivering top-quality, independent journalism that's free to everyone. Every contribution, however big or small, helps secure our future. If you can, please consider a recurring monthly donation.

Want news updates?

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.