On Tuesday, an overwhelming 97.9 percent of the prosecutors in the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office union (ADDA) voted YES to endorse the recall of Soros-funded L.A. District Attorney George Gascón. These people are “front-line prosecutors tasked with implementing George Gascón’s policies,” ADDA noted in a press release about the vote.
The vote occurred after more than 30 cities within the County of Los Angeles issued votes of no confidence in the District Attorney amid a skyrocketing crime wave in the city.
L.A.-based Fox News reporter Bill Melugin reported on Twitter that the union had a record turnout rate of 88.3 percent amongst its 672 members.
NEW: 97.9% of prosecutors in the L.A. County DA office union (ADDA) have voted YES to support the recall of their boss, L.A. District Attorney George Gascon. The union reports 88.3% voter participation amongst its 672 members, which they say is the highest turnout ever. @FoxNews
— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) February 22, 2022
ADDA gave Gascón the opportunity to speak directly to members and answer their questions ahead of the vote, but the D.A. declined to meet with them.
The District Attorney ran on a promise of transparency. It is clear from his actions today that this promise was merely a political platitude. Unfortunately, his refusal to meet with his own deputies is consistent with the secrecy with which he manages his administration.
Not surprising from a man who rarely shows up to his own office.
No competent elected official should be afraid of answering questions. While we are surprised that Mr. Gascón chose to decline our invitation to make his case as to why he should not be recalled, the ADDA will proceed on a vote.
Amid intense criticism over his soft on crime policies, Gascón has begun to backtrack on his decision to bar juvenile offenders from being tried as adults, and ban the use of life sentences against defendants,” the L.A. Times reported.
The committee seeking to recall Gascón from office has already raised $1.8 million, more than the entirety of the money pooled to back a failed recall campaign last year. The union representing rank-and-file prosecutors is also expected to vote to support the recall early next week.
Gascón is backtracking on his policies barring juveniles from being tried as adults and banning the use of life sentences against defendants, according to memos bouncing around the office this evening.
In one egregious recent case, “Hannah” Tubbs, a 26-year-old biological male who reportedly only started identifying as female after his arrest in January, was allowed to plead guilty in juvenile court for sexually assaulting a 10-year-old girl because the crime occurred when the defendant was two weeks shy of his 18th birthday. Tubbs molested the little girl in a women’s restroom at a Denny’s restaurant in 2014.
EXCLUSIVE: 26 y/o transgender child molester Hannah Tubbs makes crude sexual remarks about 10 y/o victim, gloats about no prison time/sex offender registration in in-custody calls I’ve obtained.
LA DA @GeorgeGascon refused to prosecute Tubbs as an adult. https://t.co/ZlktAGIW35
— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) February 21, 2022
Tubbs received a sentence of only two years at a juvenile facility because Gascon’s office declined to transfer the case to adult court. Because of this, he could serve as little as six months and won’t have to register as a sex offender.
Recently released jailhouse recordings show Tubbs gloating over the light sentence in a phone conversation with his father.
“I’m gonna plead out to it, plead guilty,” Tubbs said in one recording. “They’re gonna stick me on probation, and it’s gonna be dropped, it’s gonna be done, I won’t have to register, won’t have to do nothing.”
You won’t have to register?” his father asked.
“I won’t have to do none of that,” Tubbs replied.
“So what are they going to do to you then?” the father inquired.
“Nothing,” Tubbs answered, laughing.
In one call, Tubbs told the person on the other end to use female pronouns so he is treated like other “tranny” cases.
“So now they’re going to put me with other trannies that have seen their cases like mine or with one tranny like me that has a case like mine,” Tubbs says. “So when you come to court, make sure you address me as her.”
Tubbs also “made explicit remarks about the victim that are unfit to print,” Fox reported.
“I’ve heard that my attacker goes by she/them pronouns now,” Tubbs’ victim told Fox News Digital. “I see it also unfair to try him as a woman as well, seeing how he clearly didn’t act like one on January 1st of 2014.”
Live w/ @TuckerCarlson tonight discussing in-custody calls I obtained from transgender child molester Hannah Tubbs, who boasts about the light sentence he received after DA George Gascon refused to prosecute Tubbs as an adult, and makes crude, sexual comments about 10 y/o victim. pic.twitter.com/LUsTuW7HXc
— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) February 22, 2022
The slap on the wrist has drawn widespread condemnation.
“Over a year ago, Gascón began a massive social experiment by redirecting prosecutorial resources away from enforcing the law while simultaneously ignoring large portions of the penal code. The result is an emboldened criminal element that knows the DA will not hold criminals accountable. This experiment needs to end,” said ADDA VP Eric Siddall.