The pro-life news website LifeSiteNews has been removed from Facebook accusing the group of violating policies regarding COVID-19.
According to reports Facebook permanently blacklisted the LifeSite’s page over “false information about COVID-19” and “vaccine discouraging information.”
Via LifeSite News:
In a quick series of notices and emails to LifeSiteNews’ marketing department, Facebook delivered the shocking news, accusing LifeSite of publishing “false information about COVID-19 that could contribute to physical harm.”
Facebook also said that they deplatform Facebook pages that publish “vaccine discouraging information on the platform.”
Facebook cited an article posted on April 10, 2021, headlined “COVID vaccines can be deadly for some.”
“Much like when LifeSite was removed from YouTube, this comes with little surprise,” noted LifeSiteNews Marketing Director Rebekah Roberts. “We have known this day was coming for months now.”
Mainstream news websites have reported on deadly reactions to COVID-19 vaccines, according to Breitbart. One headline read “21 People Experienced Anaphylaxis After Getting the Pfizer Coronavirus Vaccine, CDC Says” and in the subheading read “officials say the potentially deadly reactions were ‘exceedingly rare’ and that vaccination is ‘an important tool in efforts to control the pandemic,’” according to the report.
LifeSite News has been censored by various tech companies before. In 2019, LifeSite was locked out of its Twitter account for using the “birth name” of a far-left transgender activist in Canada. Earlier this year, the site was permanently banned by Google-owned YouTube.