World Health Organization Travel Budget Twice as Much as for Medical Supplies

The World Health Organization (WHO) continues to spend more than twice as much money on travel expenses than it does on medical supplies, according to a report by The Daily Caller.

The WHO’s most recent financial report, revealing its budget from 2018, shows that eight percent of its overall budget consisted of travel, while only four percent was dedicated to medical supplies and equipment. Of that eight percent, only 45 percent was travel for actual staff, while the remaining 55 percent was travel for guests and participants in various conferences and meetings.

This is consistent with the WHO’s reputation for excessive spending on traveling, which equates to roughly $200 million per year. From 2017 to 2018, the WHO cut its travel budget by just one percent.

The revelations have led to calls for an investigation into possible misuse of funds by the WHO, with Senator Rick Scott (R-Fla.) calling for a congressional investigation, pointing out that the United States contributes about 15 percent of the WHO’s overall budget, which is more than any other country in the world.

About Eric Lendrum

Eric Lendrum graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara, where he was the Secretary of the College Republicans and the founding chairman of the school’s Young Americans for Freedom chapter. He has interned for Young America’s Foundation, the Heritage Foundation, and the White House, and has worked for numerous campaigns including the 2018 re-election of Congressman Devin Nunes (CA-22). He is currently a co-host of The Right Take podcast.

Photo: (Photo by Chesnot/Getty Images)

Content created by the Center for American Greatness, Inc. is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a significant audience. For licensing opportunities for our original content, please contact

Support Free & Independent Journalism Your support helps protect our independence so that American Greatness can keep delivering top-quality, independent journalism that's free to everyone. Every contribution, however big or small, helps secure our future. If you can, please consider a recurring monthly donation.

Want news updates?

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.

Comments are closed.