Good Thursday morning.
Here is what’s on the president’s agenda today:
- The president participates in a working visit with the Secretary General of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- President Trump delivers remarks at a Keep America Great Rally in Bossier City, LA
I have a condensed version of the Greatness this morning because I am traveling.
I watched the entire affair yesterday. Here’s what you need to know if you missed Season 2, episode 1 of the Impeachment Follies:
1. The optics were awful. There were two old, dusty bureaucrats speaking gobbledygook, diplo-gibberish reporting what the derp state gossip was around the water cooler. They offered no first hand knowledge, neither of these men had ever met or spoken to the president.
2. This hot mess is not easy to understand unless you’ve been following it from the beginning. If a regular normie wanted to tune in to see what the president did to merit an impeachment inquiry, they were out of luck. This was no Law and Order episode with a gotcha moment.
3. Bill Taylor, an acting Ambassador to the Ukraine dropped a rumor we had not heard before: Taylor said he heard from a staffer that the staffer had overheard a phone conversation where Ambassador Sondland said Trump cared more about the investigations than he did about the Ukraine. Or something like that. Anyway, this staffer will get to testify in a secret tribunal about what he overheard, it won’t be for public consumption. If he has a successful audition, he might be allowed to speak in public.
4. Derp state bureaucrats Taylor and Kent seemed to really, really care about the Ukraine. I mean like super deluxe care. And they were super deluxe worried that Trump’s foreign policy and demand for investigations into corruption would be dangerous for Ukraine, the Russians would move in, people would die. But where were these clowns when Obama refused to send lethal aid to the Ukraine and instead sent them Kotex and Luna Bars? Did they run and squeak to Congress about that? Did they speak up when Obama kicked back while Russia invaded Crimea?
5. Schiff said he doesn’t know who the whistleblower is. If so, how would he know if the whistleblower’s name was revealed at the hearing?
6. I don’t think Wednesday’s events changed any minds and that’s bad news for the Democrats. Nancy Pelosi is going to have to put this to a vote and if the public support isn’t there to impeach the president, her members will have to make a choice to risk their seat if they want to support the Democrat party or watch another impeachment attempt fail.
Behind a Star Witness, Democrats Take Their Impeachment Case to the Public
Nailed it. Katie Hill Says Her Sex Scandal Is Like Trump’s Impeachment Proceedings
Jim Jordan Calls Out ‘So-And-So Said Such And Such’ Impeachment
Therapy dogs visit stressed Congressional staffers at impeachment hearings
Bill Taylor staffer set to testify in Trump impeachment hearings
Lindsey Graham says any Biden link to whistleblower would be ‘important’ development
Republicans shrug off impeachment hearings as ‘boring’
Trump says he knows ‘nothing’ about alleged call with Sondland
It is. Fox’s prime time stars are telling Trump that the impeachment hearings are a ‘disaster’ for Democrats
Read opening statements of Bill Taylor and George Kent from impeachment hearings tied to Trump-Zelenskiy call
Disney Plus warns of ‘outdated cultural depictions’ in some films. That’s not enough, experts say.
California faces second legal challenge over requirement that women sit on company boards
Ellie Goulding Threatens To Back Out Of Cowboys Thanksgiving Halftime Show Due To Salvation Army Ties
Trump Jr’s ‘Triggered’ Debuts At #1 On NYT Best Sellers List
Barr says watchdog report on Russia probe’s origins is ‘imminent’
Erdogan says he returned Trump’s threatening letter on Syria invasion
Islamic Jihad says cease-fire reached to fighting in Gaza
Ruth Bader Ginsburg misses oral arguments due to illness
Rep. Elise Stefanik slams Nicolle Wallace for ‘attacking’ GOP women: ‘Get outside of the MSNBC bubble’
KFC gravy sold with vulgar insult printed on it: ‘S—face’
Rep. Paul Gosar sends cryptic tweets that read ‘Epstein didn’t kill himself’ during impeachment hearing
Gosar fires back after Katie Hill rips his ‘Epstein’ tweets: You taught the country what a ‘throuple’ was
Chad Wolf sworn in as DHS chief, names Ken Cuccinelli as deputy
This Silicon Valley company will pay you $10,000 to leave the Bay Area
Grand Rapids to pay $190K to Latino US citizen held by ICE
And that’s all I’ve got, now go beat back the angry mob!