Twitter Removes 2020 Campaign Video Posted by President Trump After Warner Bros. Complaint

Twitter removed a fun fan-made 2020 campaign video posted by President Donald Trump on Tuesday, after a copyright complaint was filed by Warner Bros. The video combined Hans Zimmer’s musical score from the 2012 movie “The Dark Knight Rises” with images from Trump’s presidency to depict a powerful narrative showing the president triumphing in the face of massive resistance.

The text read: “First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they call you a racist. Donald J. Trump. Your vote. Proved them all wrong.”

Here is a copy of the video that’s still up on Twitter:

After Warner Bros. complained that use of the musical score was “unauthorized,” Twitter replaced the video with this message: “This media has been disabled in response to a report by the copyright owner.”

According to the Associated Press, the Trump campaign said a supporter made the video.

“We like to share content from diehard supporters, and this is just another example of how hard Trump supporters fight for the President,” the campaign said.

Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale tweeted Wednesday, “Sad to see an @ATT owned company pull such a great video made by an every day American in good fun. AT&T now owns @CNN and is positioning themselves as a weapon of the left.”

Last year, AT&T purchased Time Warner, which included HBO, Warner Bros. and the Turner cable networks. Time Warner has since been renamed WarnerMedia, and now includes CNN.

The Warner Bros copyright complaint is just the latest in a long list of such complaints against Republican campaigns.

About Debra Heine

Debra Heine is a conservative Catholic mom of six and longtime political pundit. She has written for several conservative news websites over the years, including Breitbart and PJ Media.

Want news updates?

Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.