Though lauded by the complicit media for engorging their “echo chamber”((c) Ben Rhodes), nonetheless U.S. Rep.Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) (a.k.a. the “Pathfinder”) has received decidedly fewer plaudits in the new media. Given how sadistic Russian bots can be, many such critiques, accusations, and allegations levied against Schiff are scathing, brutal, and cruel.
As my father and his friends used to say, “Fair is fair.”
Therefore, let us endeavor to employ Pathfinder’s own pet rhetorical devices to assess his multiplatform, complicit media produced performance to date in “Russiagate!” To facilitate the measurement, Schiff’s own weasel words will be italicized; and the complicit media’s breathless headline—if, instead of Schiff, the story had involved President Trump—will be in bold.
- From Pathfinder’s public remarks, it seems Schiff believes the American people are too dumb to understand the Nunes memo.
- Pathfinder’s past support for greater transparency in and Congressional oversight of the FISA process appear to render Schiff a rank hypocrite now opposing greater transparency in and congressional oversight of the FISA process.
- If Pathfinder put classified methods and sources in his memo as a ploy to force FBI/DOJ redactions just to generate false talking points in the complicit media, it’s likely Schiff politicized congressional oversight over the FISA process.
- In the event Pathfinder may have allowed his partisan political agenda to undermine congressional oversight of the FISA process, it could well be Schiff impaired intelligence gathering and risked future terror attacks.
- When alleging supporters of congressional oversight over the FISA process are recklessly endangering our national security to cover up Trump’s unproven collusion with Russia, it is conceivable Schiff employs McCarthyite tactics to impugn opponents’ loyalty to America.
- Yet, the consensus among many experts is it’s highly likely the Pathfinder’s pimping of the unproven claim candidate Trump “colluded” with Russia to hack the 2016 U.S. presidential election actually results in Schiff strengthening Putin’s iron hand at home and abroad.
- Further, should, as publicly alleged, Pathfinder have illegally leaked classified information to the complicit media, and should a special counsel investigate and verify these criminal acts, there would be no choice but for the special counsel to prosecute Schiff to the fullest extent of the law.
- Finally, given the mounting, credible evidence in many minds, their conclusion may be that Schiff is a despicable, smear-mongering, McCarthyite weakening America while strengthening Russia and terrorists.
All of the above concerns could prove true, once the appropriate investigations conclude and all of the pertinent documents come out. Unfortunately, those investigations are ongoing, in their infancy or likely imminent; and the pertinent documents remain classified, which means Schiff’s opponents can’t legally reveal their contents—no matter how much they may wish otherwise.
But why rush to judgment? Evidently, per U.S. Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) in his Judiciary Committee minority’s response to the Nunes memo, in verifying the mounting, credible evidence that may well prove Schiff is a despicable, smear-mongering McCarthyite weakening America while strengthening Russia and terrorists, the burden rests not on Pathfinder’s opponents. It’s up to Pathfinder Schiff to disprove it, right?
Good luck with that, Pathfinder. Despite how low your esteem for the intelligence of the American people may be, they’re clearly fair minded and smart enough to see through you.